Windows are a serious investment for any homeowner, yet they’re easy to forget about in day-to-day life because we tend to take them for granted. This comes with a cost, though, because well-maintained windows will last for years to come and will help you avoid expensive repairs or replacement.
There are basic, simple steps to take that will help you limit costs in residential window repair in Vacaville, CA. Here’s how to keep your windows in the best condition possible:
- Clean frames and windows: Windows are exposed to everything Mother Nature throws at them, from rain, snow and ice to wind and the damaging rays of the sun—not to mention things like tree branches and debris. They’re protecting your home every day. That’s why you should keep them in good shape by removing dust and debris regularly. This is also a good time to check out the window and frame for any damage.
- Don’t forget the tracks: You might regularly clean your windows but forget about cleaning out the tracks as well. These are necessary pieces to ensure that the window opens and closes smoothly. The tracks often attract debris, dirt and moisture, so they can become clogged quickly. Simply use a brush with soapy water to clean the tracks, then use a lubricant on the weather stripping to keep them in good shape.
- Inspect: A simple visual inspection of your windows on a regular basis is an excellent preventative measure. This way you can see if there are any signs of water damage, corrosion or wear and tear that need to be taken care of. This is especially true with older models of windows that may need to be repaired or replaced. By spotting the problems early, you’ll more easily avoid costs down the line.
- Caulking: While you inspect, make sure that the caulking and sealant are intact. This is the part of the window that prevents outside air from leaking into the home, so it’s very helpful at reducing heating costs in the winter and cooling costs in the summer.
- Repair or replace screens: Just like windows, screens are continually battered by the elements. Clean them regularly, and make sure that any rips or tears are patched up as well. Screens will likely need to be replaced more frequently than windows.
When you’re looking for the leaders in providing window and home screen repair in Vacaville, CA, there’s only one name to trust: Tom’s Glass Co. We’re a family-owned glass shop that’s served the area since 1974. We’re always here to meet all our customers’ glass needs.
At Tom’s Glass Co. we specialize in auto, table and window glass. We also offer chip repair services and same day glass service on most products. Our affordable rates and quality of work have driven us to succeed in our industry and proven what sets us apart from the competition. Call today for more information on our services and to get a free estimate—we look forward to assisting you soon!